Sunday, April 18, 2010

session 2

Summary of the DimDim discussion:
I like how Dr. Baek described the E- learning and distance education. Also she explain how can the distance education has a different definitions that considers on the time and place.

Definition of e-Learning:
E learning is delivering the course from the instructor to the learner by distanced. Instructor can use media in the form of text, video, and audio.

The reason for different definitions of distance education:
Distance can mean geographical distance, time distance, and possibly even intellectual distance. Distance education has been applied to a tremendous variety of programs serving numerous audiences via a wide variety of media" (Simonson, Smaldino, Albright, Zvacek, 2009, p. 9).
The reason for different definitions of distance education is depends on the time and place that combination in four result in education:
• Same time, same place education.
• Different time, same place education.
• Same time, different place education.
• Different time, different place education.

Experience of using DimDim:

The first meeting was very interesting because I am not familiar with DimDim program . This is my first time using DimDim ,I'm very happy with it, because the following:
* It’s a free version.
* It’s very easy to use.
* We don’t need to sign up or download any program to join a meeting.
* It has a screen sharing.
* It has a web cam video, audio and text chat
* It has a whiteboard tools. (This is the most thing that I like it about DimDim)
* We can record the meeting.

Compare DimDim with Skype and Talkshoe:

I like to use the Talk shoe than Skype because I think that the skype is harder to use than talk shoe and we can face difficulties when we have more than four people on Skype. Now I think DimDim is the best specially, it has the whiteboard tools.

The strengths of Talk shoe:

First, You can record 5 Hour limit for the meeting. Second, You can schedule future shows for any time or day. Third, Free Sign up for members and hosts.


I didn't deal with this kind of program because I never had a job in the past, but I planning to use this technology in future when I be come a teacher.


2 comments:

  1. hi eman
    i am glad that we share the same experiance about the e learning program. and i am also injoy the way that you explain distance learning.


    Thank you
    amal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eman, I enjoyed your post. Do you have any specific ideas how you will use Dimdim as a teacher? I was intrigued by our Dimdim session also and would like to use it. I'm trying to decide where it will add to my courses. I don't want to use it unless it will actually benefit my students. I'd appreciate any ideas you have.

    ReplyDelete